Tuesday, January 5, 2010

postheadericon Schoolhouse Tunic



This was the second piece of clothing I've made - since I was 10. I've been scarred by the big 4. Oh you know the drill, flip through the catalogs, cringe at the bad styling, curse at the horribly written directions, and hold your finished product which should really go to Goodwill. Oh the days when sewing clothes screamed - someone at home made me! Well I was pleasantly surprised by this pattern by Sew Liberated. It went together in an afternoon, was extremely well written, and came together beautifully! I've gotten loads of compliments on this shirt. Way to go Meg!

Here is her site:

http://sewliberated.typepad.com/

~disclaimer - I can't seem to get my links to activate (or whatever you call it, make it live). So you'll have to copy and paste until I figure it out.

0 comments:

Maeula's Fabric: dragonfly print

Amy Butler Contest Jacket

Amy Butler Contest Jacket

Quotes that resonate ~

"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought or processed. Or repair anything sold, bought or processed, y'know?" ~ Say Anything

Obsession

No it's not the fragrance which I speak of, but of uncontrollable cyber stalking - of Anthropologie and ModCloth. I thought this secret illness was of mine alone, apparently that is not so. You know who you are, and worry not, for you are in good company.

Seams for the Day!

Seams for the Day!
Postcard Memories

A picture of inspiration.

A picture of inspiration.
Paintbrush Flower

Search

Loading...

Books on my end table

  • Help by Kathryn Stockett
  • Fuller's Earth: A day with Buckminster Fuller and the Kids by Richard Brenneman
  • Design-It-Yourself Clothes by Cal Patch
  • The Art of Fabric Manipulation by Colette Wolffe
  • Woe Is I by Patricia T. O'Conner
  • How To Cook Everyting Vegetarian by Mark Bittman (yes I read my cookbooks!)
  • The Weight of Glory by C.S. Lewis
  • In Search of Memory by Eric Kandel
  • Letters from the Earth by Mark Twain

badges

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?

About Me

JulieL
Hi, I'm Julie. Welcome to my blog! I am a 30 year old, SAHM of two kids 8 and 4, part-time college student working towards a psych major, cook, and textile lover. When I grow up, and finally finish my degrees, I intend to be an early intervention therapist for children with learning disabilities. For fun though mainly I sew and read. As many of you probably can attest to, my boxes of art supplies are pretty much endless, and I refuse to do an inventory count. I happen to know Jacquard paints are in there, wool felt, spools and spools of ribbon, a dash of beads, some ubber awesome glues, and of course my stash. I previously had this blog private, but have been so in love with other people's work shared on their blogs - I now want to share my work with you, along with a few meandering rambles here and there. To me art is meant to be communal. At heart I'm a designer and artist. Many of my projects are my own patterns, and I hope to pull some tutorial's together for you. Love is rooted in the threads of our lives. Why not celebrate life with beauty crafted by the soul and hand?
View my complete profile